Thursday, October 7, 2010

My cervix is all in!

Yep, still preggers.  Now I am 40 weeks & 4 days.  After a quick detour to Einstein Bagels, the whole family headed to see Dr. Wells this morning (just an FYI: the pumpkin bagel, toasted, with pumpkin cream cheese is pretty good).  Lo and behold, we discovered that my cervix is completely cooperating, but apparently my hormones and uterus are not.  My cervix is dilated 4 cm at this point.  Last week, I was at 3.  If I wait six more weeks, will I give birth in my sleep?  I need some oxytocin to get kickin' in my blood stream.  Bring on the contractions!!

Here is the exciting news, an end is in sight!  If I do not have this little man any earlier, I have an induction scheduled for Monday, October 11th.  I am praying that he decides to come on his own, but he might need some convincing, i.e. deflating his water balloon and pumping me with pitocin.

Prayers are welcome!  I have attached a picture from today of my big ol' belly.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment