As I approach the 40 week mark with baby number two, I have to say that pregnancy is miraculous, wonderful, and infuriating. The idea that my husband and I are capable of creating life is amazing. I thank God every day for the ability to be a wife and a mother. However, I wish that I had slightly more control over my body, especially while pregnant. Where is the EJECT button? One of my friends recently told me, "What got you into this mess will get you out of it." Tried it....several times. My husband's semen, which was once very highly regarded by me, has been deemed useless. In order to appease the love of my life, let me be clear, useless to inducing labor.
When I was pregnant with Andrew, who will turn two on Halloween, I wanted to keep him cooking as long as possible because Nick was deployed. I wanted Nick to miss as little as possible with our first born. My second pregnancy has been incredibly special because Nick has been able to be a part of it without depending on satellite internet from the desert. And, he will be home for the birth of our second son. Honestly, I realize that I have little reason to complain. I am not wildly uncomfortable. Actually, I am managing quite well with the extra pounds that have attached to various parts of my body. On the other hand, I am wildly impatient these days. Will labor ever come? EJECT. EJECT. EJECT.
My doctor is on call Friday through Sunday. So, at my appointment on Wednesday, we jokingly made a date to see each other on Friday. Tomorrow. Here's to hoping.
Baby Boy, please know that we can't wait to meet you.
LOVE IT! COME ON OUT BABY KEN...THE WATER'S JUST FINE!
ReplyDeleteAnn-Marie, I love this already. Keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteYou're the funniest girl I know. Reading this makes me feel like you're in the next room. Good luck this weekend-- can't wait to meet Ken!
ReplyDeleteI have to agree, you're the funniest girl I know, aside from myself. :) Sprinkle yourself with labor dust and think pushing thoughts!! Side note, I don't know if references to Nick's semen is exactly the material I want to read while trying to avoid work (even if my career involves handling seamen). :) Luv to all!!
ReplyDeleteoh sister! I could not be more excited! I love your writing and YOU! :) this just made my day! keep em coming!! and as far as baby, this is what you get for being so fit! I would go on walks and it would really get the contractions going but for you, its just another day. :) Wish I could push the eject button for you!!
ReplyDelete