Andrew and Ken are working hard to prove that two kids make Mommy quadruple the crazy. Daily I am convinced that I have lost my mind. Sleep deprivation makes trivial things seem absolutely infuriating. For example: why must Andrew flush the toilet constantly or touch the garbage can or bounce on the couch or WHINE! Even when I am out of bed at 7, I hardly have the kids dressed and fed by 9. Of course, I have not eaten or had water, but don't fear, my breasts have been serviced by the double pump so that the liquid gold can be frozen.
On the cooties front, Kenneth was diagnosed with his first ear infection on January 25th. I am not surprised, since he has been snotty for over a month. We are on dose 17 of amoxicillin, and he has acted like I am poisoning him every time that I bring that pink filled syringe near him. He works hard to get the medicine out of his mouth and all over himself. Luckily, Ken is a charmer, so I forgive him for the mess rather quickly. He is sweet, cute, and cuddly, but he is not my favorite child at night! He weighs in at a whopping 16 1/2 pounds, yet my son wants to eat at least twice at night. Nighttime sleep is just silliness to him. Unfortunately, I really like it. I miss it. I want it back!!!
My gift on the last day of January, you ask?! Andrew woke up with an ear infection. Now, I have two dramatic medicine takers. Hooray (sarcastic, by the way)!
After Andrew's doctor appointment on Monday, we stopped at the pharmacy, dropped off the script, then headed to Chick-fil-A, while the pharmacy worked their magic. As Andrew was eating more chicken and guzzling chocolate milk (thank you, God, for acetaminophen), a cute lady asked how old my boys were. I promptly answered, "Two and 3 months. Some days I ask my husband if I can go to his job." She quickly responded that she is trying to find a part time job so that she can spend more time with her 8 month old son. Pangs of guilt and shame shot through me! I am so spoiled. I have the luxury of complaining about staying at home with two amazing children. This other mom had no idea that my morning had been complicated and long because an incredibly uncomfortable and irritable two year old. More than that, it doesn't matter. I should love my job, and even if every moment isn't great, I should at least appreciate that I get to do it. And I do. How could I not? Look at their sweet faces.
 |
| If only Andrew were looking! |
 |
| Now Ken chooses not to cooperate. |
 |
Fascinated by trains
(check out the train socks...they are too small, so we are now binding his feet). |
 |
| Trying to sit up more to improve his incredibly flat head. |
 |
| Cheese! |
i hear ya sister. amen. the big boys can be quite a handful making this job harder than anyone can imagine. sorry about the ear infections! that is not fun! hope they are better fast! and the days of meds go quick!
ReplyDeleteI can hear you saying the 'hooray' in a dry sarcastic tone. Love it!
ReplyDelete